Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Reading and Reviewing

Okay, I have taken several days off from writing. I was begining to feel selfish expecting people to review my work when I have reviewed none. So I took to smashwords and read some books.

I won't say which ones, but one left me unimpressed and the other seemed to have potential. Unfortunately the review I wrote for one came back to me in an email. I couldn't really determine if the Author was upset. I sited several obvious grammatical errors. I admit my English is less than perfect, but when grammar problems prevail in a document, well who wants to read that.

The other book started out interesting, and the English was perfect. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! However, I eventually lost interest and skipped to the end.

Obviously my writing is not as captivating as I had hoped...and I feel like a harsh critic. I have not found anything that has really made me excited.

However, I am still reading Battle Royale and I love the book. I can hardly put it down. It's fast paced, explores the POV of several characters (one POV is just plain boring). And the gore is first class.

Anyway, off to continue reading BR!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary. I appreciated your review and your comments were fair. I'd be interested in your thoughts on my first novel which is a fantasy genre. If you are interested please let me know and I'll send you a coupon.
    From Marilyn

    ReplyDelete